Below given are few main points which says why choosing solar lights for path way is important:
- Cost: Solar lights are available at a cheaper price than conventional wired lights. Wired lights need extra protection from extreme weather conditions and if the garden is large than it becomes more expensive due to extension of laying the electrical wires. In case of solar lights things are just opposite, they dont need wiring, an electrician to install lights and you can save up a lot of money on electricity bills.
- Flexibility: These lights are easy to carry from one place to another since they are not wired. You can place it anywhere you want in the garden and illuminate that area. Suppose, if you are having a party at the garden and you want the yard to be illuminated, you can move the lights and place them back once the party is over. These lights can easily run up to 8-10 hours at night after the day fades.
- Safety: Compared to electrical lights solar lights are much safer. Since they are not connected to the mains electricity so the fear of getting electrocuted does not arise. Even kids can play freely in the garden as there will be no wires and chords to get pulled. You can dig anywhere in the garden and sow your favorite plant as the risk of chopping off electrical wires wont be there.
- Eco-friendly: Since you love gardening it also shows that you care for the environment. And placing solar lights will help you to contribute more to the environment as they use sunlight as an energy which is a renewable source. It doesnt emit any gases like carbon footprint that is harmful to the environment like any electrical lights do.
- Easy maintenance: Easy maintenance- Solar powered lights neither require minimum maintenance as they are nor wired up to the mains. You just need to wipe it clean periodically and take normal precautions which is required while cleaning any type of light.
- Various range: Solar pathway lights are available in various sizes and designs. From classic to contemporary style they are just perfect for illuminating the paths, walk ways, driveway and in your garden. They are also used in multiples along a set of stairs or a dark pavement to guide you the way.
Author : Arunima